Hi. I’m Cris Stanek. I’m a LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) and have been for 15 years. I work Full-Time as an Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant with child care providers and through that work decided to extend my work to meet the needs of parents. Before that, I worked with runaway teens and their parents, providing crisis intervention and family therapy.
Parenting is the hardest job on earth. I am blessed to be sharing in this journey with my husband, Jon. He started Our Little Backyard Farm a while back and he loves our family, his crops, and hunting and fishing. He is wildly supportive and I appreciate it so much.
I am a mom of two Ah.Mazing children. Miss and Meatball (nicknames) who have done more to teach me than any workshop, college course, credential process ever could. I am still learning. In fact, learning is one of my favorite hobbies. I read, explore the web and the real world, and soak in information. This website is just one way for me to process this and then share it back to the world.
For those interested here is a list of my education and some of the fancy credentials,
- Bachelor’s in Social Work and Psychology (BSW, BA)
- Master’s in Social Work (MSW)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, (LCSW)
- Credential in Infant/Early Childhood Mental Health
- Trainer for Illinois Trainer’s Network and Gateways Registry
- Love and Logic Parenting Facilitator
- Circle of Security Parenting Facilitator
- How Does Your Engine Run (ADHD, SPD, etc) Facilitator
- Theraplay and MIM certified
- Trauma-informed practices
- Strengthening Families